How to Use Cinnamon Sticks?
Cinnamon is a spice with an amazing flavour and a heavenly aroma. The spice exhibits its value in culinary, medicinal and therapeutic use. The two different forms that cinnamon comes in, ground and sticks provide the best pick for your needs. For the most delicate flavour, cinnamon sticks are better than ground cinnamon. Knowing How to Use Cinnamon Sticks is crucial for the finest cinnamon experience.
Stocking up cinnamon to your kitchen gives you all that you need to better the taste of a dish, a dessert or a beverage any time of the day. Cinnamon sticks are the go-to spice that you should have in your kitchen. The long shelf life of cinnamon takes what you get from using cinnamon sticks to the next level of greatness. Here is how to get the greatest use out of cinnamon sticks to please the foodie in you.
How to Use Cinnamon in Tea?
Most of us need a hot beverage to get through a tough day. The better flavoured your hot beverage is, whether it be tea or coffee, you will feel great throughout the day. Infusing cinnamon to your hot beverage sweetens your tea without any sugar. The citrus scented aroma of cinnamon added to your tea will soothe your mind and body. Studies show that this smell enhances concentration and memory.
To have a tea experience like never before, follow these steps to infuse cinnamon to your tea:
- Use a 3 inch Ceylon cinnamon stick, broken into smaller pieces.
- Add the pieces of Ceylon cinnamon into a pot or a kettle with 1.5 cups of water.
- Slow boil at a medium-low heat to extract all the cinnamon in the stick. Note that fast boiling will not facilitate a good extraction process.
- Remove the heat when water starts bubbling and rest for 15 minutes. The process of cooling is important to release the cinnamon.to the water.
- Strain the tea to assure that small parts of cinnamon filter out.
- Reheating the tea you have created before serving is ideal for the perfect cup of cinnamon tea.
If you prefer a much simpler technique of adding the goodness of cinnamon to your beverage, use a Ceylon cinnamon stick as a stirrer.
How to Use Cinnamon Sticks in Oatmeal?
If you are all about that fit life, oatmeal is a highly nutritious meal with the least amount of calories and major health benefits. A con of oatmeal is the bland taste. As a reason, even though oatmeal will enhance your fitness and health, many don’t eat oatmeal.
To intensify the taste and also the make your diet comes with the most essential nutrients, the perfect blend for your oatmeal is cinnamon. Be sure to choose Ceylon cinnamon sticks and blend it adequately to add to your oatmeal. Avoid purchasing cassia variety of cinnamon as high levels of coumarin promotes health complications.
Be sure to look up for different cinnamon and oatmeal recipes. There will be many that will add variety your oatmeal enhanced with a healthy touch of cinnamon.
To whip up a simple and a scrumptious bowl of oatmeal:
- Mix half a cup of oats and a quarter a cup of milk and microwave it for 2 minutes.
- Add one teaspoon of cinnamon and one tablespoon of honey to the microwaved mixture. Note that grounding Ceylon cinnamon sticks will easily create a powder which adds an authentic taste.
- Add salt to your taste, stir and enjoy your cinnamon fused oatmeal.
When using whole Ceylon cinnamon sticks, place them in the pot whilst cooking oat.
Indulging the goodness of both oatmeal and cinnamon is a smart approach to your fitness goals. Look up for recipes that come with cinnamon to vary your oatmeal experience.
How to Use Cinnamon Sticks for Scent?
Ceylon cinnamon’s scent will make a person’s calm and will make their day stress free. Whether you are trying to cover up an unpleasant smell or to create a warm house, cinnamon sticks are what you need. The scent of cinnamon will enhance concentration, memory and alertness of a person.
Many assume that extracting the scent of Ceylon cinnamon stick is a complicated procedure.
Follow these steps on How to Use Cinnamon Sticks to create a pleasant scent from cinnamon sticks:
- Fill up half a saucepan with water.
- Add 2 or 3 cinnamon sticks to the sauce pain assuring complete submersion in water.
- Add extra ingredients that enhances the scent of cinnamon according to your preference. Some ideal ingredients are apple wedges and citrus peels.
- Place the saucepan on medium heat until the water simmers. At this point, change the heat of the cooker to medium-low.
- Pay attention to the level of the simmering water. Add more water to keep the water level similar to the remaining water evaporates.
- Leaving the cinnamon sticks in the simmering water for 4 to 6 hours would create an aromatic result. Discard the cinnamon sticks after.
How to Use Cinnamon for Weight Loss & Blood Pressure
Ceylon cinnamon does miracles in making a person healthy. Helping in weight loss and to balancing your blood pressure levels are critical health benefits of Ceylon cinnamon. To achieve your goal in weight loss, Ceylon cinnamon is a necessity.
How Exactly Does Cinnamon Aid in Your Weight Loss?
- Ceylon cinnamon helps in the regulation of blood sugar levels. As there will be no increases in insulin, your body will use up the glucose. Thus, the need for the body to store fat will diminish.
- It is a much-needed supplement in kick-starting higher metabolism rates in your body, thus, results in more fat burning.
- Cinnamon aids in the lowering of bad cholesterol but builds up good cholesterol.
As much as cinnamon helps in losing those extra pounds, it will also balance your blood pressure. Scientific studies on diabetic and non-diabetic show that short-term use of cinnamon has a significant impact on lowering blood pressure.
A solid understanding of how cinnamon balances blood pressure levels isn’t clear. However, animal studies show that cinnamon in the blood effectively relaxes and dilates blood vessels. Thus, the blood will smoothly flow in the body avoiding any chances of high pressure creating.
When using cinnamon as a supplement to enhance your health and to reach your fitness goals, be specific on the type. Avoiding cassia cinnamon for larger consumption is necessary to avoid kidney failure and the risk of cancer. Ceylon cinnamon is the ideal choice due to the absence of such risks.
How to Use Cinnamon Sticks for French Toast?
One of the most popular breakfasts in the world is french oats. Whether you want to please your taste buds with a milky and an eggy treat or if you want a quick meal, french toast is the answer.
Being a french toast lover, trying different flavour addition and ingredients to better the flavour with bite will excite you. If there is one way to better your french toast experience than never before is to add the goodness of cinnamon. Cinnamon added will give you the boost that you are looking for in your french toast. Here is how to whip up delicious french toast:
Cut up the bread to equal slices of 3/4″ to 1″ thickness. Note to choose stale bread as they are better at absorbing the mixture.
- Mix up eggs, milk and sat in a bowl that can accommodate the slices of bread that you cut up.
- Include cinnamon and sugar on a plate. If you have cinnamon sticks, have them grounded.
- Place 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan placed at medium-high heat.
- Dip the bread sticks in the egg and the milk mixture. Be sure not to soak the bread.
- Cook both the sides of the bread until it turns golden in colour.
- Transfer the cooked bread into the mixture of cinnamon and sugar immediately to form a coating. Doing this while the bread is hot will help the cinnamon stick and will create the best taste.
How to Use Cinnamon for Diabetes?
Cinnamon has shown prominent results in the studies carried out to test its effectiveness in balancing out blood glucose levels. The researchers concluded that antioxidants in the cinnamon lower the glucose content in the blood. Further studies proved that ground cinnamon sticks are effective as cinnamon extract when balancing glucose levels. The cinnamon sticks in your kitchen cabinet when use right will certainly tend to a better life free from diabetes risk.
Using cinnamon to replace sugar is a smart change everyone should make to their lifestyle. Stocking up cinnamon sticks will provide you with your cinnamon needs with high versatility. You can use them as sticks or you can easily get them grounded to create a powder at home.
A commonly used and effective way to fight diabetes is to prepare a healthy drink with it. Use Ceylon cinnamon sticks with negligible content of coumarin to avoid health complications.
Follow these steps on How to Use Cinnamon Sticks to treat diabetes with a delicious drink:
- Boil a pot of water
- When the water boils, include 2 to 3 Ceylon cinnamon sticks and leaves of holy basil into the pot.
- Wait till the water in the pot turns brown in colour
- Strain the water to remove the cinnamon and the basil leaves.
- You can drink this cinnamon and holy basil tea you made every morning to keep your blood glucose levels balanced.
Ceylon cinnamon added to your spice cabinet will deliver all of your life needs. Healthy meals, mouth-watering desserts, redefined beverages, you name it, the right use of cinnamon sticks will bring it to you. You will never regret having a full stock of Ceylon cinnamon in your kitchen.
Ceylon cinnamon sticks are the only food, beverage, health and home ambience enhancer that you need in your life. Try to add Ceylon cinnamon to all aspects of your life to get into the fast lane of living a healthy, happy and a safe life. Make sure you take precaution when you are shopping to avoid the cassia variety of cinnamon. Every time try to Buy Cinnamon from Sri Lanka Board Certified Cinnamon Sellers. Living with Ceylon cinnamon is the right way of life.